Connecting to Xbox Live with BT Homehub with Home Plugs and an extra Router for luck

jakebev

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the long winded title! My problem:

I have always had Strict NAT on my XBox, no matter what I try. I'm not a complete novice so have some (I hope most) understanding of how to change settings on the Homehub. Anyway, I have tried several times to change this - I've tried Port forwarding, DMZ, UPnP and Voodoo, but it just won't budge from Strict. Turning the router off and on, and using the reset, doesn't do anything either.

Now, to explain my setup: basically from the Homehub router, the second port has an ethernet to a homeplug. This is then picked up by another homeplug, but here may be the problem: this then goes into an 8 port router to be shared between Xbox, PS3, Laptop etc.

Is this possibly in the way and causing conflict? Any help would really be great!!!

[EDIT] Could it even be the ethernet cables themselves? Are some only one direction, if so, how do I check this?

Last edited:
I've always had trouble with Strict NAT settings on my HomeHub. I went through the Application Sharing tab and set Xbox LIVE to the Xbox's MAC address and now it always seems to be on OPEN.

I hope this helps? :)

I've always had trouble with Strict NAT settings on my HomeHub. I went through the Application Sharing tab and set Xbox LIVE to the Xbox's MAC address and now it always seems to be on OPEN.

I hope this helps? :)

I shall try tonight, thank you in advance if it works!

What's funny is that when I received your reply, I looked at my setting and they've got back to strict! :p

What's funny is that when I received your reply, I looked at my setting and they've got back to strict! :p
The HH has a fit sometimes and does that, just restart it and it should be fine :thumbsup:

Jake, did you get it sorted?

Sorry to throw a spanner in the works but i use homeplugs and have an open NAT

Sorry to throw a spanner in the works but i use homeplugs and have an open NAT

I think the problem might be that when I first got the plugs, I ran the software and set up all the plugs. Since then I've changed them around a bit and also got rid of the computer that had the software on.

Going to try a re-install and see if that helps!

Well done! :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom