connecting to xbox live wirelessly

Jay

Banned

ShadowmanUK

Novice Member
my3rdxbox360 said:
could i use one of these to connect to live wirelessly http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5680308/Trail/C$cip=43851.Video+games>C$cip=43852.PSP>C$cip=43853.PSP+peripherals.htm please ignore the fact it says psp as it can be used for a ds. It's just i don't have a router and this would be a cheaper option. SO i'll buy the microsoft network adaptor and this dongle, is there a cheap router that will do the job. Any help appreciated.
- In theory, yes
- Do I know anyone who's done it using that or similar kit, no

D

Deadsquirrel

- In theory, yes
- Do I know anyone who's done it using that or similar kit, no
However in saying that, a friend of mine whose just got his XBOX360 bought a Netgear DG834G Wireless Router from Argos and they gave him the
Netgear WG111 Wireless USB Adaptor (Dongle) free.

The router works like a charm, however, he ended up buying the official Microsoft Wireless Adapter as the XBOX did not recognise the Netgear USB Adaptor :lease:

Jay

Banned
I would be using the dongle instead of a wireless router, i would have the official network adaptor plugged into the 360.

ShadowmanUK

Novice Member
my3rdxbox360 said:
I would be using the dongle instead of a wireless router, i would have the official network adaptor plugged into the 360.

Yeah, I was talking to the squirrel. I'd be interesting in hearing if it works for you tho.

Jay

Banned
ShadowmanUK said:
Yeah, I was talking to the squirrel. I'd be interesting in hearing if it works for you tho.
Yeah it would be handy if it does, as i'm sure that not all routers work with the 360, is there a list with compatibilty with different routers.

ShadowmanUK

Novice Member
I have some lists on my site that I recommend and also a link to the official routers list.

I also have a list of routers on my site that dont work with the official adaptor

Jay

Banned
ShadowmanUK said:
I have some lists on my site that I recommend and also a link to the official routers list.

I also have a list of routers on my site that dont work with the official adaptor
ok i'll check it out thanks :thumbsup: