Connecting to the Panasonic Viera Cast Server

Hi, sorry if this may have been answered somewhere else in the threads on here - i couldn't find the answer - but i really want to know how do I change the aspect of the TV when i have my laptop plugged into it via the HDMI slot so that the picture i see fills the whole screen on my TV (Panasonic P46GT30B)?? After I've connected the laptop via HDMI and selected the relevant HDMI channel, i see the picture of what is on my laptop on the TV, but it is centered and only fills up around half of the screen - therefore making it pointless watching through the TV!

Can someone tell me how/where i go to in the settings on the TV or laptop to change the aspect ratio so that what i see fills the whole screen please? I would be very appreciative!

Thanks, N. Ewbie :thumbsup:

I just fixed the problem myself. Only I had to set the DNS to Manual.

It depends upon your Router... I have my router set up to use the DNS as defined by the connected device, some routers have it set up to automatically assign the DNS to each device.

So, if anyone else has this problem, just check your router's DNS settings.. and set your VieraCast device accordingly.

Hi, I have very similar problem, but I get error message "connectin to server failed" it is error n.007. I tried to change DNS server to automatic, I tried also manual (hopefully I put correct address which I got from my PC - it was IPv4 DNS server) but the problem stays. Could it be something else
I have just purchased Panasonic TX-L37V20B & set up with Wireless Dongle & am very pleased withthe overall performance but every time I switch off TV, wireless connection is lost when I next switch on & have to go to setup menu switch to wired wait 1 min then switch back to Wireless again & wait for it to reconnect! Is this normal for this model?
NB When connected & watching BBC iPlayer I don't have any dropout over long period, so conclude that no problem with signal between BT HomeHub 2-64WG & Panasonic Dongle
Have replaced Dongle & USB cable No change, supplier ( AV World) changed TV & same problem continues. Any ideas?
With replacement TV I too have experienced the same problem of 'Connection to server failed (008)' after 4 days of good connection & uninterupted iPlayer down streaming.
I can now only connect using Wired ethernet connection to HomeHub.

Hi, I have very similar problem, but I get error message "connection to server failed" it is error n.007. I tried to change DNS server to automatic, I tried also manual (hopefully I put correct address which I got from my PC - it was IPv4 DNS server) but the problem stays. Could it be something else?

Thank you very much in advance!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom