1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

connecting to Sony DAV S300

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by psok, Nov 21, 2002.

1. psok

psok

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Sony DAV S300 DVD and recently bought a SOny KV32FX66 TV. I thought I could hook the sound output from the TV to the DVD player to tap into its surround sound but can't get it to work. Does anyone have any thoughts on how this should be hooked up?
    Thanks

2. kelvin

kelvin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Hmmm... this is quite possibly in the wrong forum but still... ;)

You need to connect a standard set of phono's from the audio outputs on the back of the TV, to the "Video 1" (or 2!) inputs on the back of the DAV. When you want sound just select "Video 1" (or 2 ;)) as the function on the DAV and away you go... :)

Hope this helps...

Kelvin.

3. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Moving to DVD Hardware...

psok - please make sure you post your questions in the appropriate forum as then you are more likely to get the answer you are looking for. ;)

4. psok

psok

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Lex : sorry it was on the wrong board. All I can say is that I'm new:(
    Thanks to KelvinP I got my problem solved last night. What I'd missed is the the DVD doesn't automatically switch so on the DAVS300 you have to press the helpfully named "function" button on the remote until the sound "appears". The manuals that come with these devices are terrible. Fine if you know what you are doing, but for the rest of us I don't think enough effort goes into them
    Anyway, thanks KelvinP