Connecting to BB via a modem/router..HELP!

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by Top Gunner, Mar 17, 2005.

1. Top Gunner

Top Gunner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

Firstly, not sure if this the correct place to post this, but seeing as most people who read in this section have experience in my problem, any assistance would be great. :thumbsup:

Attempted to connect to my new Broadband service last night with one of these: Ebuyer 4 port ADSL/Modem Router with no joy.

Connected fine with the supplied Speedtouch though which is no good as I want use Xbox Live.

The diagnostic report pass's all tests untill the "ppp layer connection" test and then returns a fail.

Any ideas.

Thanks.

2. bigNeil

bigNeil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi TG,

Get yourself off to the UK xbox.com forums and ask for a guy called Ceesar to give you a hand. He's the networking god over there.

Have you had a look at the router troubleshooter?

Good luck!

3. Top Gunner

Top Gunner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Big Neil,

Thanx for your reply, I did look there & printed some stuff off but when I went home I started from scratch, it all worked fine :clap:

I am now being whooped at PES4 & Burnout 3 & just about holding my own at Links 2004. :smashin:

I thought I was pretty good at gaming until I went online! :eek:

Cheers.