Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Connecting to a Panny PDW7

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by the_sanguine, Aug 4, 2005.

1. the_sanguine

the_sanguine

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    My RPTV went pop the other day and I'm seriously contemplating one of these.

Whats the best way to connect? I have a Pioneer VSA-E03 amp. If I connect everything to that, can I then just connect to the screen from the amp? It would appear there are 2 options: S-video or the yellow phono plug (is it component?). Which would be the best option?

2. wandgrudd

wandgrudd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    yellow phono plug = composite.

tell use what other things you are wanting to connect as s-video/composite are not going to give you the best picture.

3. the_sanguine

the_sanguine

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    At the moment I have a Toshiba SD330 connected to the amp via optical or coax (can't remember which) and Sky connected via scart (I'm upgrading to Sky+), and then a video recorder, currently connected via scart to the TV. I'm trying to understand if I could just connect the video to the amp via component/comtosite and then connect the amp to the screen