• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Connecting TiVo Series2 Dual Tuner DVR To Onkyo Receiver

petpil

Standard Member
I am having trouble hooking my Tivo up to my receiver. Here is the equipment I am using:

-TiVo Series2 Dual Tuner DVR

-SD Cable Box

-Onkyo TX-SR606 AV Receiver

Based on the TiVo setup instructions, this is how I thought I should connect the equipment:

-Using an RF splitter, I have a coax cable going to the CABLE IN of the cable box and another coax cable going to the CABLE IN of the DVR.

-Using S-Video and analog audio input cables, I have connected the Audio/Video OUT of the cable box to the Audio/Video IN of the DVR.

-Using S-Video and analog audio input cables, I have connected the Audio/Video OUT of the DVR to the CBL/SAT inputs of the receiver.

-I have then used an HDMI cable to go from the HDMI OUT of the receiver to the HDMI IN of the TV. I have tried this step using S-Video and analog audio input cables instead of the HDMI but I still get nothing on the TV.

If I bypass the receiver and use S-Video and analog audio input jacks to connect the Audio/Video OUT of the DVR to the inputs on the TV.

Any assistance/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom