Connecting tivo and IPTV box to multiple rooms

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by willyboy, Jun 22, 2015.

1. willyboy

willyboy
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have both Virgin Media's Tivo box and separately an IPTV box which sends its output signal via a standard HDMI cable and I am trying to figure out a way of sending the signal from them to at least one other tv in the house (ideally 2).

I believe this can be done using an HDMI sender/receiver, however i do not want to be restricted to watching the same thing on both tv's. So ideally one tv could be watching Virgin while the other is watching IPTV, however i would like the ability to view and control either box from either room.

Any thoughts on how this can be done?
    Thanks

2. Member 581642

Member 581642
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,501
    A number of ways depending on your budget.

The best way would be a HDMI over Cat5/6 matrix with receivers however that is going to set you back over £1500, though would allow for up to 4 TVS and 4 sources and also include IR control from any TV of the sources.

More messy, but more cost effective way

1 x 2x2 way HDMI Matrix & 1 x HDBaseT HDMI Over Cat6 extender

Though limited to 2 Tvs

Do you have any cabling in place and do you have a maximum budget for this

3. willyboy

willyboy
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No we do not have any cabling in place, this is a retro fit project. Basically I want to send the signals from the lounge to the bedroom, and a second room if possible (but not essential). I was hoping to make use of powerline adapters to send the signal though the home ring main. In terms of cost I am definitely doing this on a very tight budget and would like to get away with this as cheap as possible.

4. Member 581642

Member 581642
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,501
    You cant just use standard powerline adapters to transmit HDMI signal.

You would need something like the HDJuiceBox Lite, this has a transmitter two inputs and a local output which then communicate with a receiver over the ring main and then convert the signal back to HDMI. It also carries the IR signal back to teh source so you can change channel.

http://store.aclasstechnology.com/hdjuicebox-lite-kit---hdtv-over-power-solution-149-p.asp

10% off for first 50 orders

Seb