• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Connecting the TV, Cable and DVD/HDD Player

L

Lentrica

I'm having trouble hooking the TV, Cable and the DVD player so they all work in harmony.

I need to be able to hook it up in such a way (with scart (or better)) so that I can watch the cable on my TV but if I ever need to watch cable through my DVD player or record a cable channel on the DVD player whilst watching the channel or simply play a HDD/DVD movie, then I can do so without changing anything around.

The problem is, I don;t want to connect the DVD player to my TV directly because that kind of setup degrades the picture quality.
I'd like to have the cable hooked up directly to the TV and yet, somehow have the DVD player hooked up to the cable box and yet have it working in all the ways I have describe above.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I should hook it all up and where I should connect what cable?

Appreciate the help,

JH

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom