Connecting the Sub

blert596

I've finally got a set of speakers to go with my 605 and am just waiting for my Mrs to let me mount them so I can play my BDs for the first time. I've been waiting impatiently and finally have a set of 2005.2s :)

The question I have is that the sub came with the connection lead (2nd hand) but its quite thick. I need to run it under the carpet and it deffo going to raise a bump - which wont go down well - if at all.

I currently have a passive sub with just normal speaker cable (thin) to it. Can I just reterminate the new sub ends to the 2 core speaker cable, and will it affect the sub quality?

Thanks for any help

Billy

Andy98765

Distinguished Member
Your old speaker cable is not screened, so I would not advise using. If running cable under the carpet, just pull back the carpet and were the underlay meets the gripper rod cut away with a stanley knife the underlay to leave a grove/quater inch gap and lay the cable in the groove. To put the carpet back tuck back in and run a large screw driver along the edge of the skirting and you will nover know the cable was there.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic HX800 TV + Sony HT-G700 Soundbar reviews, movie and TV show news and reviews
Top Bottom