• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Connecting Telephone Cables...

m4rkje

Standard Member
Shot myself in the foot a bit... :suicide:

Had Sky HD installed (multiroom) in a newly decorated room and have managed to run the phone cable through the wall to follow the route of the existing Sky cables (not wanting to drill another hole), but in order to do so I had to chop the BT style plug (631A or 431A) off.

I have since decorated the 'other' side of the wall and plastered over the cable that is going to run to the BT master socket leaving just the cable exposed (a couple of feet) thinking I would be able to buy another 631A or 431A plug.

I have since purchased a number of packs of the connectors

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?criteria=631A &source=15&SD=Y

but with no joy owing to the strands of my cable being a 'flimsy mesh' as opposed to 'single' individual strands...

The connectors ask you to thread the cables before 'clamping' but the nature of my cables make it impossible :(

Does anyone know of a 631A or 431A connector that 'folds' over the cable as opposed to being threaded?

or

how the four wire strands are connected into the rear of and extension socket from where I can start again with an extension lead

or

if there is any wireless means of providing the HD box with a phone line? I have looked at the DECT wireless phone extenders

http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?ModuleNo=97658&doy=11m4

but it would appear both from this forum and various site they dont work.. currnetly connected aross the hall/rooms with an extension lead but the wife is getting a little peeved to say the least... :rolleyes:

any help would be appreciated

Thanks in advance...

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom