connecting tablet to tv

Discussion in 'Tablets Forum' started by man2wolf, Feb 4, 2014.

1. man2wolf

man2wolf
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All
    I've recently purchased an Android tablet (Lenovo Yoga 10) and have discovered that there is no HDMI output. However, there is a Micro USB socket. Can anyone tell me how to connect the tablet to my Panasonic HDTV? I'm presuming there is some kind of usb to hdmi adapter cable available but which one (there seem to be several different kinds, some using the term MHL in the description)? Dont want to purchase the wrong one. Here's hoping you can help.

2. MandyAW92

MandyAW92

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I came here to post almost this exact problem, so I will steal your responses and see if it help me :)

3. everett_psycho

everett_psycho
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,620
    A quick look around suggests it doesn't have this function. Some devices have MHL or slimport built in so an adaptor can give you hdmi out using the micro usb port, seems lenovo haven't included either. If you check under wireless networks there might be options somewhere for miracast or wireless display mirroring, check the miracast thread for more details if here is as the guys in there might be able t point you towards a dongle if it has it.

What are you trying to achieve by linking it to the TV? There could be other ways to do the same thing like chromecast or DLNA options, mirroring isn't actually always the best option as it can tie up your tablet.