Connecting Synology NAS to LG C1 OLED

Jon Weaver

Distinguished Member
I have a Synology NAS drive and use a Raspberry Pi (And Firestick) to connect to it using SAMBA.

But I have also enabled DNLA so I can view it from my iPad (Using an app called OPlayer).

I just got an LG C1 OLED and was surprised that it found my Vodafone Routers DNLA drive which I didn't even know existed... But I have been unable to "see" the Synology NAS, or even find a way to add it.

It crossed my mind that the TV might not support 2 NAS drives, so I disabled DNLA on the Vodafone router, but I still can't find any way to access the Synology.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? I generally use the Pi for streaming so its not ultra important.. But I would be nice to have it working if its was technically possible.

Thanks in advance

Jon

next010

Distinguished Member
Most simple thing to try is
1) power off TV from wall power so its fully off.
2) restart your network router.

There isn't much you can do from TV side as discovery is automatic and its likely some underlying network issue.

Something else to try is install a different media server capable of DLNA on the Synology, for example Emby/Plex should be in Synology app centre also Serviio and Jellyfin are available via docker. WebOS has Emby/Plex clients in its app portal too, see if those work.

Jon Weaver

Distinguished Member
Cheers. I will have a play. One thing I should have said is that I recently bought a Hisence TV for the bedroom.. and that connected to the Synology/NAS drive without issue.. The 'app' is pretty poor and almost unusable as you can't change the font size and has limited 'search' options, but it proves it works..

So I was a little suprised that the LG didn't just detect/discover it automatically.. But when i get a minute I will do a few resets and see if I can kick it into life.

rpr

Odd it's not seeing it. My LG B8 saw my Synology NAS straight away. All I can suggest is unable DNLA, reboot and re-enable.

Boogieman

Standard Member
I have a Synology NAS drive and use a Raspberry Pi (And Firestick) to connect to it using SAMBA.

But I have also enabled DNLA so I can view it from my iPad (Using an app called OPlayer).

I just got an LG C1 OLED and was surprised that it found my Vodafone Routers DNLA drive which I didn't even know existed... But I have been unable to "see" the Synology NAS, or even find a way to add it.

It crossed my mind that the TV might not support 2 NAS drives, so I disabled DNLA on the Vodafone router, but I still can't find any way to access the Synology.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? I generally use the Pi for streaming so its not ultra important.. But I would be nice to have it working if its was technically possible.

Thanks in advance

Jon
All within synology web interface.

Download media server for Synology NAS (pacakge).

Choose DLNA/Upnp share directories for i.e. videos.

Done, shows on LG TV :)

Jon Weaver

Distinguished Member
I found out the cause in the end.. It was my "Mesh" network.. When I connected the TV to the Wifi on the router, the NAS appeared..

Shame the app on the TV is horrible and near useless.. So i have gone back to Kodi on a Firestick.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD-OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom