• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

connecting sub,confused

ianlecompte

the sub has left and right phono connecters(white and red)one is line in,one line out and one called link?so where do i connect?line in left or right or line out left or right.?thanks for any help.
ian

ianlecompte

hi ian,its a b&w asw 500,currently got it in line in left(white)but when i did a check with thx optimiser it did,nt really do a great deal,even if i turned it up?
thanks for your help
ian

Ian J

Banned
According to the manual that I have just had a look at on the B&W website here you should connect your sub cable to the line level left input.

If you think that it didn't do much it could well be a setup problem. What kind of main speakers do you have and how have you set up the bass management in the amplifier - ie what crossover is set in the amp and are the speakers set as large or small

ianlecompte

hi ian,thanks for that.i,m using b&w 601,s and have them set too small,the x over is set to 90 on the amp so cant do much more there.

ianlecompte

i cant actually give the sub a proper test with a dvd because my daughter(3 months)would not be to happy,i,m just trying it with test tones to see if all is o.k.i will give it a go on weds when the wife goes out.is thx optimiser o.k too see if its working?

Ian J

Banned
The Optimizer will do but it isn't that accurate and a set of test tones downloaded from the snapbug site in conjunction with an SPL meter will be better.

When my young 'un was born I made sure that we turned the volume up loud so that he got used to it and luckily have never had a problem as he now sleeps through anything.

Last Saturday we had saving Private Ryan at close to reference level and he didn't stir at all.

Nimby

Distinguished Member
Ian J said:
When my young 'un was born I made sure that we turned the volume up loud so that he got used to it and luckily have never had a problem as he now sleeps through anything.

Last Saturday we had saving Private Ryan at close to reference level and he didn't stir at all.

Pardon? :devil:

Nimby

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom