1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CONNECTING speedlink Medusa 5.1 to speakeroutputs?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by januszian, Aug 9, 2005.

1. januszian

januszian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello. I have a Creative Inspire 5700 home "theater" system. (a piece of poo at the most...)

Today I bought Speedlink Medusa 5.1 headphones for those after midnight horror fests I hold in my couch. :)

The darndest thing is that I don't have anywhere else to connect the 5.1 headphones than the speaker outputs in the Creative Inspire 5700!

So, here's the question:

Can I connect the supplied headphone preamp directly to the speaker outputs in the Creative Dolby digital decoder box? If I turn the volume all the way down, is there some sort of current or voltage that will destroy the speedlink headphone preamp? I read at Genelec's page that there is a way to solder resistors in the outputs to make them compatible but I'm not interested in doing that... yet.

The decoder amp is 4 x 7W, 1 x 22W and 1 x 30W for the sub but there's a sub preamp out also so I don't need to use the sub speaker out at all.

Being that it isn't that powerfull of an amp, could I pull it of?

I'd like as much info on this as possible. thanks! and nice forum btw! just joined!