Connecting speakers to PH10

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by Pufz, Sep 21, 2007.

1. Pufz

Pufz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I`ve done some searching and i`ve got a little confused with all the different ohms and such like...

I have just received my PH10 and has now taken over the place of my PW7.

I am putting the PW7 in the bedroom and would like to attach some speakers directly to the panel.

My understanding is the panel outputs about 10 watts per side...

Would a pair of Canton CD50`s be ok to attach to this.

Advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. Bungle1

Bungle1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Before it was nicked I had a Panny PW5, which I used external speakers with. I used a pair of Denon SCM10's which gave great results. The Panny had no problem driving them. Im not familiar with the Cantons, and couldn't find much googling them either, however if they are small 2 way designs and are reasonably sensitive (87 dbw+) then you should have no issues. I would just steer clear of 3 way units which may take more driving.

3. shrimp3r

shrimp3r

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +236
    Well after blowing the left amp on my new PH10 when I connected a pair of Mission book shelf speakers, I've now stuck to using some PC speakers without any problems

Mark Mac

4. Pufz

Pufz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I came across your thread when I did my initial search and tbh, this is what started me worrying about using the Canton`s.

I can`t find any other threads with people having problems though when connecting directly to the screen.

What Missions were you using ?

I see that a lot of people use Anthony Gallo speakers connected directly to their screen without issue.

Maybe it was something to do with the ohm rating of the Missions but I am just guessing.

Does anybody else have any thoughts on this as I really don`t want to make an expensive mistake.. :lease:

5. Barton1967

Barton1967

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I've got a PW4 panel and needed a pair of directly attached speakers for ease of use.

I first tried some old Philips TV surround speakers I had lying around. Worked OK, had them connected for a few weeks. They just lacked bass.

Then tried a pair JPW Minims. Better sound, but couldn't find a good location for them.

Finally attached a pair of JBL Control Ones, bought when Richer Sounds were doing a VIP deal for £40. I couldn't be happier with them. Bass is full, treble clear (I have tweaked the panel's audio settings), volume is more than satisfactory. I also double duty them as the front L & R for the surround system.

As an aside, my Brother passed down a set of Kef eggs, which I immediately tried. In my opinion, they couldn't touch the JBLs. I'd just like to find a single Control One to use for the centre channel as one of the eggs is standing in at the moment and you can notice the tone mismatch.

Hope this helps your dilemma.

Chris

6. shrimp3r

shrimp3r

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +236
    I can't remember the exact model, I think I mention it during the thread on the speakers forums. TBH my left amp could've been DOA, it didn't work from the get go and the Missons were the 1st speakers that I plugged into the panel.

Mark Mac