Connecting Sony VW11 to PC

nigel_williams

Novice Member
I've got the Sony VW 11 connected via component to an Arcam DV27, but can I connect my PC via VGA to this projector also?

My PC has S-Video, so I could use that, but would I get a higher resolution via component input?

K

Kramer

Yep, connect it via VGA. You'll need a VGA/RCA cable IIRC (don't think the 11HT has a VGA D-sub connector).

Powerstrip will be required for the custom resolution - 1366x768. Timings for the HS10/12HT should work OK on your 11HT.

:smoke:

BTW, forget about s-video from your PC - will look dire.

nigel_williams

Novice Member
Thanks. It's RCA only - Do you know if I'll need all 5 connections or will the 3 (like the Arcam) be OK?

Can you recommend a supplier?

RTFM

Novice Member
nigel,

you will need all 5 RCA connectors on the Sony for a PC.
You need to use both of the sync sockets, the black and white ones next to the red, green, and blue sockets.
PM me if you need more info.

S

stevebt

dont know what they are called but i have the same projector and have priced them up at maplins before, they are about £22 for everything you need, just go into Maplins and explain what your after and they will sort you out

nigel_williams

Novice Member
I've got the BNC to RCA adapter from Maplins to use with a VGA/Component cable and extension. Total cost was £17.

My Radeon 9800 Pro has dual output - can I use Powerstrip to configure the second port to VW11 native resolution?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom