Connecting Sony KDL-40V2000 to RDR-GX120??

iansums

We've just bought the in-laws a Sony RDR-GX120 DVD recorder to go with their KDL-40V2000 LCD TV along with a component cable for the best possible picture quality. But I think I'm right in saying this is for video only, so how can I connect the audio as I don't think the TV has digital audio in. Do I need to connect a simple RCA cable from the DVD recorder to the TV?:lease:

D

dapaca

To use the Sony SmartLink functionality between the TV and DVD recorder you will need to connect via Scart.

We've just bought the in-laws a Sony RDR-GX120 DVD recorder to go with their KDL-40V2000 LCD TV along with a component cable for the best possible picture quality. But I think I'm right in saying this is for video only, so how can I connect the audio as I don't think the TV has digital audio in. Do I need to connect a simple RCA cable from the DVD recorder to the TV?:lease:
Connect the white and red audio outputs on the player to the white and red audio inputs on the back of the TV.

For Component Video and Stereo audio you should have 5 cables.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic HX800 TV + Sony HT-G700 Soundbar reviews, movie and TV show news and reviews
Top Bottom