1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connecting Sony DAV-SB100 and LCD KLV-L32M1 LCD TV

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by windozeman, Sep 10, 2005.

1. windozeman

windozeman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I'm not sure if this is the right forum but I am trying to connecy my surround sound system to the tv so that the sourround system can be used as the default speakers.

At present I have SKY connected to one of the tv's scarts and the surround/dvd system connected to another of the tv's scarts.

If I use a dvd then I can use the surrounds speakers but I cant get the surround to work when viewing SKY :(

Do I need additional cables from the back of the DAV to the TV or can a cunning bit of SCART'ery solve this? I would like to hear from anyone else who has a similar set up cus Im confused but would really like the surround as the main speakers :thumbsup:

2. Searcher73

Searcher73
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    All you should have to use is a red/white audio lead from your sony DAV system to your sky digi box, then reset your sky digi box (switch off at the mains for 30 secs or just have it switched off when connecting leads) then select video using function button on your sony remote and it should work, select tv to have the speakers working with council tv. I had difficulty doing this, and it wasnt until I reset sky digi box that it worked, search my other posts as others offered advice on this subject.

3. windozeman

windozeman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Searcher73 - we're firing on all speakers now :thumbsup: :clap:

By the way what is a "council" tv? :confused:

4. Searcher73

Searcher73
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Nae bother mate glad your up and running and its just Glasgow slang for terrestrial tv.

5. windozeman

windozeman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    lol, thats a more apt discription for SKY here - standard issue dish with your house.

6. hawkipa

hawkipa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Do you have any lip syncing problems with your LCD tv. I ask as I have the same tv and just bought a sony dav-lf1 and the lips dont sync up?

thks
    Paul