Connecting Smart Switches to 3x Two-Way System

Dannyr95

Hi,

I'm trying to find a switch that would cope with this but I'm not sure there is, so I wondered if anybody had any success with this?

So our light switches are wired so that the kitchen has a dual switch for the kitchen and living room. The living room has a dual switch for the living room and upstairs landing and upstairs landing is a single switch. I've already bought one and tried it and it became very apparent it wasn't going to work as it didn't have the correct connections.

The reason I'm opting for a smart switch is that the kitchen has 8 spotlights built into the ceiling. I'm not sure you can buy a smart bulb that would fit these, and it would be far more expensive. The living room already has a smart bulb which we'll be keeping as we want the colour change option in that room.

sbriggs

You won’t necessarily find a switch but that’s where you add a module behind the standard light switch just for the kitchen lights

Chester

Lightwave can do this but depends on if you have dimmable loads as to which approach you take. If not, you would need a relay to switch the loads, and Lightwave now has a 3 channel one.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom