• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Connecting SkyHD to a second TV

M

Minny

Hi,

I have had a search through but couldn't find a direct answer for my question.

I have just upgraded from sky to HD. I used to have the sky on my second TV through RF and Magic eye.

Since I have upgraded I cannot get the second TV to pick up the box. The second TV is not HD so I'm happy with the SD that will come through the RF Cable.

Is there an easy fix to this or will i have the hassle of wiring a HDMI cable all the way through the house and upgrading the TV???

Thanks in advance

BrianMc

I have just upgraded from sky to HD. I used to have the sky on my second TV through RF and Magic eye.

Since I have upgraded I cannot get the second TV to pick up the box. The second TV is not HD so I'm happy with the SD that will come through the RF Cable.
The "2nd TV via RF" and "magic eye" will still work fine (I have it!!!).

It is most likely that the UHF channel of your new HD STB no longer matches that set on the 2nd TV. Go into the "installers menu" (Services then 401then Select) and change this to match (also turn "on" "2nd UHF output power" for the TV Link)

hornydragon

Distinguished Member
The installer should have set all this up at the time. is the Red LED on the magic eye glowing? if it is just try tuneing the second TV again

M

Minny

The "2nd TV via RF" and "magic eye" will still work fine (I have it!!!).

It is most likely that the UHF channel of your new HD STB no longer matches that set on the 2nd TV. Go into the "installers menu" (Services then 401then Select) and change this to match (also turn "on" "2nd UHF output power" for the TV Link)

Thanks,

this seems to have done the trick, the picture quality is quite poor though, is it worth changing the RF channel to see if this improves things?

BrianMc

this seems to have done the trick, the picture quality is quite poor though, is it worth changing the RF channel to see if this improves things?
Sounds like you are up to one channel off on the TV's tuning. It will be more accurate if you tune the TV in properly.

Angus0254

Novice Member
On a similar theme:
I have successfully gotten the SKY picture on my 2nd TV but when I try to tune in the Digital channels on the DTV part of my TV it finds no useable stations. As the DTV channels are working OK on my main set I don't know why the 2nd TV can't find them.
Any ideas?

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom