1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

connecting sky

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by rab4169, Apr 24, 2005.

1. rab4169

rab4169
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    i have a sky box in my bedroom and next door a sanyo z1 projector , i want to connect the sky to the component input for a good picture , how do i go about getting the scart to connect to component. i can`t use the vga as the computer is attached to that

thanks
    robert

2. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
  3. sniffer66

sniffer66

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,199
    I did it with a similar unit (Keene Syncblaster) worked a treat, only bettered by HTPC and DVI-D

4. Lyricman

Lyricman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    using the RGB to component adapter would it be better to run a 7-8mtr scart cable and install the adapter at the Projector end or connect the adapter into the sky box and run a 8mtr component cable or is there no signal difference.

5. rab4169

rab4169
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    thanks will have a look, is there no such thing as a scart to component cable instead of connecting a converter box

6. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    There isn't a simple cable as the signals are entirely different even though they both use 3 cables often colour-coded red, green and blue. You need an electronic converter.

7. celtic196788

celtic196788

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well massive help needed i was decorating and unplugged my sanyo 32"tv from my sky digi box sony dvd toshiba video ,,,plus 28"sanyo tv in the bedroom i have the booster in the bedroom for the digi box everything was working fine "before i unplugged it all i cant get no signal in the bedroom because i couldnt remember were all the airials ,scarts went in the main room can some 1 speak me through it please cant watch the footy in thr bedroom cry cry...please