connecting sky with lcd

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by jurgencauchi, Apr 28, 2007.

1. jurgencauchi

jurgencauchi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hello.

i both a sony bravia lcd 32inc. i tested my lcd with the xbox360 the picture was vivid and great. so i now the lcd works great butttt i connected my sky decoder with the lcd bye scart to scart(my sky decoder have one output 1 scart rgb) and the picture was poor my old tv had better picture. my friend told me to buy a converter from scart to yuv this converter is supplyed with an ac adapter.

:lease: can someone help me, if this converter will resorve my problems....

2. alternate

alternate

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Likely an rgb scart is as good as you will get. Your xbox360 was designed for HD flat panel TVs. Your Sky box wasn't and can struggle with some sets.

3. graystreet

graystreet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +261
    I've got my Sky+ box connected to my 32v2000 via scart and the picture is acceptable, it's better on C5 and C4 but perfectly watchable on other channels.

The one thing that will make a huge difference is to use a reasonable quality Scart cable. I use one of these to connect mine.

4. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975

The main issue is that you are watching low to medium quality digital SD broadcasts whose "issues" are hidden by a standard PAL CRT but when you view them on a HD flat panel which means enlarging the image you see the digital compression issues more clearly.
    It's the same sort of thing when you take a jpeg and double/triple it's size and it looks worse simply because there isn't enough picture information in the original to support a larger image with no visual loss.

As alternate says the reason the xbox looks ok is that it is generating HD images from scratch so you have a much higher standard of source material to begin with, DVD should also look better than broadcast SD for the same reason and well HD programmes should be spot on:)

Converting RGB to Component will not make any practical difference in this case and would be wasted money, a well made and screened scart (cheap) could help but it depends how poor the one you are using now.