1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connecting Sky+ to Tivo?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Zedd, Aug 14, 2005.

1. Zedd

Zedd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I suspect that my Sky Digibox is beginning to give up the ghost. If/when it dies I'm toying with the idea of getting Sky+... but I've already got a loyal Tivo (Upgraded to 120Gb).

Is it possible to run Sky+ and Tivo together? What if Tivo changes the Sky channel to make a recording... but Sky+ might already be recording from the original channel (My brain is now beginning to hurt).

Has anyone connected these two together? Does it work?

Thanks

Zedd

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    No problem with TIVO controlling a SKY+, it has the remote codes.

If the SKY+ is recording one channel then when it receives a command to turn on and change channels then it'll default to the second tuner.

If you are happy with the TIVO and how it integrates with a single digibox then I would recommend just replacing the digibox and not going to the expense of upgrading the LNB and adding a second feed just for SKY+, not to mention the added cost and extra sub required for SKY+ (£10 if you don't have two premium channels).

3. Goooner

Goooner
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,824
    I've got both running together quite happily.

I just use the Sky+ as back up for the odd occasion when ther's more than one thing at a time to record, then I just use the Sky+ second tuner and leave the first one to TiVo.

The original plan was for the Sky+ to replace the TiVo, but apart from just having the one tuner TiVo beats Sky+ every time.

4. blindlemon

blindlemon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This thread on the TiVo community forum pretty well has it covered :)

5. Zedd

Zedd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks guys, it's good to know it's possible. All I need to do now is wait for the fateful day when the digibox dies... or euthanase it!

Cheers

Zedd