Connecting Sky to Projector

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by zero7, Mar 29, 2006.

1. zero7

zero7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +77
    I'm setting up a dedicated room with a projector, currently my Sky + and Normal Sky (I have a multi-room set-up via magic eye's) box are connected to my RGB to Component box (Js?)

My other vieiwng rooms have a magic eye which connects directly to the back of the TV using a normal 'Ariel style (may be phono?) connecter.

My Sky boxes will remain in the lounge connected via the RGB to converter box, if I install another Magic Eye in my dedicated room, how will I be able to present the picture to the Projector without running another cables? I plan to run a component cables to connect to my Pion 2011 amp which my dvd will connect into for DVD viewing.

Help apprecaited.

2. zero7

zero7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +77
    Anyone:(

3. Timbo21

Timbo21

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +332
    Sorry, I'm not up on your Magic eye's.

4. zero7

zero7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +77
    There basically composite connection.

5. andyturner28

andyturner28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The picture via composit would be crap.
    If i were you i would put your Sky+ box in your dedicated room and feed the other TVs with a video sender. Personally i would want the best picture possible on my PJ.

6. zero7

zero7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +77
    Can't do this as my cables are running into my lounge and it's on a different floor than my dedicated room, plus I will be watching SKY+ 70-80% of the time in the lounge on my 42" plasma. Any other suggestions?

7. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270

Not if you can't run cables. You're stuffed.

8. zero7

zero7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +77
    I can run cables (well not me but my electrician), the speaker cables and my component to Projector cables are going to be run next week but I just don't know how I'm going to connect my Sky up as it's in a different room. I would like the best possible picture but the sky+ box needs to stay in the lounge.

9. sniffer66

sniffer66
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,722
    Get an RGBs Scart to component converter and run component cables to the PJ from the sky box? You can always use a scart switch/splitter behind the sky box to your plasma

Everyone is right on composite - it will look awful. Actually thinking about it, the Magic Eye uses the Sky RF output doesnt it ? If that is the case its not going to feed a PJ anyway. Its not composite !

The other option is go go tru Sky multiroom, get an extra box in your 2nd room like I did. I believe its £50, free box and install. Another £10 pm and you get no arguments wiht the wife and kids when the footie is on :)

10. zero7

zero7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +77
    I'm totally lost,

I have two sky boxes, on plus and one normal, they are both in my lounge, I have some sort of splitter device in my lost and have cables running from this to my second lounge, kitchen and bedroom, these all have magic eye's connected to them.

My AV Amp will connect to my Projector via Component, therefore All I need to know is how to connect a magic eye to the amp, or is there an alternative way to get sky connected to the PJ