1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connecting Sky to Panny Plasma

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by dantilly, Nov 28, 2002.

1. dantilly

dantilly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Having great difficulty getting a signal from my Pace Sky box to TH42-PW5B. Using Scart to S-Video and it shows up no signal. DVD and PS2 work fine. Please help, getting hard time of missus and eastenders is on tonight

2. mikeq

mikeq

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Don't know much about Sky boxes, but when I was testing my panny with a s-video cable from my dvd player I had to make sure the dvd player output signal was set to s-video. Is there a similar option on the sky box?

3. WebLoader

WebLoader

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    AFAIK s-video is only available on sky+ boxes, the standard sky boxes output either composite video (shown on the picture menu as PAL) or RGB. come to think of it i seem to remember there is a particular brand of standard sky boxes that had svideo...in any case , this is the thing you need to check first!
    cheers

4. RedRose

RedRose
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    This is definitely the case. I've done it myself. Sky digiboxes (not Sky+) do not have Svideo, so your Scart to Svideo lead is connecting the Svideo pins of the Scart lead to the Svideo plug. Problem is, the Svideo Scart pins are not being connected to anything in the Sky box 'cos they're not used. You have to make or buy a Scart > RGB+composite video sync lead. I posted a web link in another thread.

5. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Of course your video quality will be zip with composite, to get the most from your plasma you'll need to use the RGB in some way, ie RGB to VGA converter, RGB to comonent, RGB to S Video

6. dantilly

dantilly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for all the help. I have opted for a js tech. rgb to vga box as this seems the best option

Thanks for all the replys. and a big hand to Dave Gray (my main man):)