Connecting sky to my projector

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by CrackDown, Apr 27, 2007.

1. CrackDown

CrackDown

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    I have a scart converter (came with my xbox 360, has scart one side and yelow red and white composite connections the other) and I plug that into the back of my sky box, and have a yellow composite video cable running to my video in on my projector (Sanyo Z5), but there is no picture. When I put the audio red and whitecables from the scart converter there is no audio, but i solved that by plugging them into the direct audio outputs on the back of the sky box. I've had composite video working before on my projector, I'm just wondering if theres enough power to get it through.

Any ideas? Thanks

2. gavan

gavan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +287
    Are you sure it's not one of those switchable in/out SCART plugs? Make sure it's switched to 'output' when you plug it into the back of the Sky box.

If it's not switchable, chances are it's an 'input' plug designed to feed signals into a display device, not bring them out of a video/audio source - hence no picture or sound.

3. MrSkipsey

MrSkipsey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Thanks Gavan, just goes to show that the search option does work!
    Looks like I may need a switchable scart connector as this is exactly the same problem as I have!