Connecting SKY+ to my infocus x9 projector

R

roars56

Hi I have an infocus x9 projector which I use in my cinema room but I cannot get it linked up to my sky+ box. I have bought some sort of y cr cb to scart converter that the sky tech support recommended and connencted this to the y cr cb lead and then the projector. I get no picture on the projector and a purple/coloured screen when connecting to a flat screen TV I have in the same room.

Am I doing something wrong? I am totally new to this so pardon my ignorance!

Cheers
Ruairi

Last edited:
Some of these devices work in one direction only. In other words, if you're trying to connect the Sky+ box to the projector with the Sky box's scart output, you'd need a "scart to...XX" type connector/convertor as opposed to "XX...to scart".

Have you tried using s-video output on the Sky+ box instead?

Do you have a DVD recorder? I used to use my DVD recorder to do the RGB SCART to YpBpR Component video conversion. JS-Technology and QED make converters that I know work. What converter do you have? I will say one thing though, don't expect miracles from your Sky+ box, SD on a projector will look poor and if you really want the best pic, I would recommend upgrading to Sky+HD. As already mentioned above, S-Video is also an option but I would investigate why your RGB-YpBpR conversion isn't working first before splashing out on an S-Video cable.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom