Connecting Sky Q to Soundbar

rbecking13

Just bought a soundbar which going to connect through HDMI ARC to TV so can have Prime & Netflix etc on TV apps in Atmos etc. What is the best way to have Sky Q connected to avoid lip sync issues, do I just plug the Sky Q into the TV and let it passthrough the audio to soundbar or would be best to plug Sky Q into soundbar, would that work?

Russ_64

Mine is into SB, just make sure that you are using Premium certified HDMI cables.

Russ_64

I don’t use TV apps as I have Apple TV, but my SB has input button on remote to change from HDMI to TV (for ARC).
Some TVs and SBs have problems with ARC, if they are not from the same company. Same with some AVRs.

kosymodo

Mine is also into SB (Sky Q and ATV4K into SB, Xbox into TV into SB via ARC)

Switching is (generally) reliable, both Sky Q and ATV4K switch TV and SB on/off

rbecking13

So I found had to plug Sky Q into HDMI on soundbar and lip sync is spot on, if I did it through ARC then the lip sync was well out.
TV apps works ok through ARC, when turn tv off its turns SB off too which is fine but when turn them back on it always defaults to ARC which is annoying and have to manually set SB to HDMI each time.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom