1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connecting Sky/freeview via a PC/LCD!!

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by LiquidTV, Oct 10, 2004.

1. LiquidTV

LiquidTV
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Could anyone suggest the best cable/method to connect from a Sky digibox/freeview to ultimately an LCD.

Here is the situation...The Sky box sits in the front room approx 8-10 metres from the room where my PC is to be used. The PC will be conneced to an LCD via DVI. The sound output from the PC will be connected to a Logitech 5.1 surround.

I will also be purchasing freeview to connect to the LCD. (I know all these channles are on Sky, but will be able to watch a different channels to the front room TV etc).

The trouble is both scarts at the rear of the Sky box are connected to the the TV/Vide in in the front room. Therefore I am only able to use the second Coaxial output. There are three issues..

1) Is there a freeview PC TV card which can be connected to an LCD using component feed or will this appear on the LCD through the DVI feed anyway.

2) Is it possible to connect the Sky coaxial through the freeview card in order that I can use the PC to both record freeview/Sky on the hard drive.

3) What is the best cable/method to achieve this.

Hope this all makes sense.

:lease: