Connecting Sky Digital to DLP Optoma projector

SULLY999

Standard Member
Hey Guys,
I'm hoping somebody could tell me the best way for my to connect my sky digital box to my Optoma DLP Projector. My skybox has scart output.

At present I have the connection set up from Scart > Composite. However the picture has a line flashing through it every so often at different positions. I don't know what is causing this.

Is there any other connection types I could set up or does anyone know anything about this line which I assume to be some type on interferance.

Many Thanks,
SULLY999

Lee

If your projector has s-video then connect the s-video from the sky box, that's if the sky box has one.

Alternatively if your projector has component inputs then you could buy a scart to component converter box and use that.

custard10

running through composite usually lacks quality.

the optomas usually can accept rgb scart via the vga input for which. optoma supply a rgb scart to vga adapter.
]
2314890396_89ebb57a5c.jpg

whats the model no. of your pj?

Andrew Dade

Hey Guys,
I'm hoping somebody could tell me the best way for my to connect my sky digital box to my Optoma DLP Projector. My skybox has scart output.

At present I have the connection set up from Scart > Composite. However the picture has a line flashing through it every so often at different positions. I don't know what is causing this.

Is there any other connection types I could set up or does anyone know anything about this line which I assume to be some type on interferance.

Many Thanks,
SULLY999

may be silly suggestion, buy second hand skyHD box from well known marketplace site, transfer your card, use hdmi.

I just got one for my multiroom, no hd sub, I get ITV, BBC and C4 HD

Im assuming of course you have hdmi on the optoma :D

SULLY999

Standard Member
Its an Optoma EP721.

Custard10 that Scart>VGA sounds a good idea. I might try that, but are you sure that it would work?

nwgarratt

Its an Optoma EP721.

Custard10 that Scart>VGA sounds a good idea. I might try that, but are you sure that it would work?

It will work if the vga accepts rgb. You would only be changing from one connector to another and not the signal.

custard10

Its an Optoma EP721.

from the specs i have seen it should work with the optoma ep721.
http://interactive-av.co.uk/pdf/optoma-ep721.pdf

this is exactly how i use to play sky material on my optoma hd65 and optoma ep716r before i upgraded to skyhd.

you can order direct from optoma. i emailed them about 2 years ago and they quoted me £20 + vat + delivery.

i would say that the vga/scart connection was superior than s-video and composite for me.
make sure you enable RGB not pal in the sky box menu.

edit:
from another site - the vga 15 Pin D-sub will accept RGB/YPbPr/SCART

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom