1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connecting SD330 to Yamaha Receiver

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by townfan, Oct 28, 2003.

1. townfan

townfan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    I have just bought a Yamaha HTR-5640RDS receiver to go with my Toshiba SD330 dvd player and want to connect them digitally.
    I have a co-axial lead but the only co-axial input I can find is for a CD player, the DVD input appears to be optical.
    Can I connect the two together using the co-axial lead and still get all the surround modes etc, I have tried this but receiver keeps defaulting to stereo for CD input.

Am I being stupid or do I need an optical lead instead?

How has everybody else connected theirs?

2. madjo

madjo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You have to go into the setup menu and assign the coaxial input to dvd, I had to do this on my htr5630RDS.

3. Darryl D.

Darryl D.

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    townfan, madjo is on the money.

I got the RX-V440 (same as 5640) on the weekend and was similarly confused, then I read the manual :rolleyes:

Go to the SOUND menu then INPUTS and you can assign the 2 digital inputs and all the analogue inputs. You'll need to follow the manual to figure which code on the display (A1, D2, etc) applies to which input but it's all good after that :)

4. townfan

townfan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    Thanks very much guys.
    I have done as you have advised and it now sounds great and brings a whole new life to my DVDs.