Connecting SCART to a Hitachi TX100

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by sapgem, Jun 3, 2004.

1. sapgem

sapgem
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I asked this over on the cables forum but without any luck, hopefuly someone on this forum might be able to help. I'm looking to attach the TX100 to my Sky+ box. The Hitachi takes Scart RGBs via its component inputs with the synch on the composite input. I'm looking to have 10m runs of component, DVI, S-Vhs and composite with some form of adaptor on the end.

But is there an adaptor that will split the RGBs signal carried on the SCART into separate R, G, B, s RCA outputs so i can attach the Sky+ output to the component + composite cable runs?

Profigold do a SCART to RGBs lead, but it seems over-priced for what it is and i'd prefer a solution that allowed me to choose my own cables.

2. dapex

dapex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Sorry i cant answer your question, but can you give me your opinion on the TX100.. I am seriously looking at this PJ because of the extra brightness over the z2..

Cheers

3. AMc

AMc
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,836
  4. NonPayingMember

NonPayingMember
    Previously Liam @ Prog AV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +830
    Plenty of cable manufacturers do scart to 4 RCA leads wired for RGB and sync. QED have it on their main product menu for Sqart leads and plenty of forum sponsors here make cables in-house and wouldn't have any probs putting one together for you.

Bear in mind that this approach will mean that you can't connect a progressive scan DVD player since the component input will already be used. You may find it a better option to run straight SVHS from Sky+ leaving the component inputs for DVD...

5. sapgem

sapgem
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think the custom route may be the one to go for. For DVDs i'll be using a HTPC over DVI so the component inputs are handily free (I am tempted to feed Sky into the HTPC for scaling using a Sweetspot card).

Haven't really had much of a chance to look at the projector as the space it is to be used in is being built right now + I am new to projectors (my only point of comparison is a Panasonic PD30 TV). To my eyes the picture is stunning, colours very good (faces very realistically rendered), blacks excellent as long as there is some moderately bright spots in the image (Lost in Translation with iris set to 2 of 10 on a 105 inch image seemed a bit washed out - at least in the numerous shadow scenes), and it seems bright (The whites of Fargo felt blinding with the iris on normal, 4 of 10, and a 95inch ish image). De-interlacer is noticeably better than on my AMV P80L DVD player (it is el cheapo after all). Menu interface is excellent.

When i first set it up I had to go to .5 x the screen width to work out what screen door was (i'm that new to projectors). Could still see it just about at 1 x screen width. Haven't noticed it at all since (films mentioned above were watched at about 1.3 - 1.4 screen width). Only negative is that I believe I have a dust blob (lightish green, not very noticeable apart from on black scenes, round, 30-40 pixels diameter, out of focus normally but can be bought more into focus).

6. Alex Simon

Alex Simon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes obviously the SweetSpot solution will give you one nice tidy DVI to the pj.
    However, the cable will be cheaper. We can do a 10m VanDamme Scart > RGBS cable (same spec as the SweetSpot cable here http://www.pluggedin.tv/sweetspot/buynow/index.html) for only £67. (made to order)

Contact [email protected] if you want any further info.

Hope that helps
    Alex