Connecting Sammy PS50C680 to PS3 for 3D

slipstream

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi there. For some reason I cannot unlock any 3D modes on the TV. I only have the crappy TV 3D conversion which is terrible. Has anyone set-up their PS3 to run 3D content? Please help if possible. Samsung Tech Support are impossible to get hold of. I have the latest firmware upgrade on PS3.

Thanks in advance.

Yes I have. But although the PS3 recognises the TV as 3D compatible, the TV does not allow any of the 3D modes to unlock. I assume that one of the modes has to be selected?

There are no modes to unlock - when you play some 3D content on the PS3 the TV will automatically detect the 3D signal and display a message to switch the glasses on.

Yes that's exactly what I receive, that message. The problem I have is the 3D picture quality is really bad close up.

I spoke to samsung tech support and they stated that the picture quality is poor with the built in 2D-3D TV conversion, but using one of the 3D modes the picture quality will be as good as in 2D. The pixels within the black area, close up, flash all different colours.

When I switch to normal TV (virgin) and select 3D within the TV menu I am able to select a variety of 3D modes, but none when viewing the PS3.

Can I confirm that the 3D image should be the same clarity as the 2D image? Or is it because I essentially have a very cheap TV?

There is no 2D to 3D conversion going on when you watch 3D content on PS3. What you are seeing is Plasma dithering and is perfectly normal. If you can see the the dithering you are too close to the TV.

The PS3 is frame sequential 3D - there are no modes to select.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom