• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Connecting Sammy HTZ310R to Sammy LCD

ecurran1969

Standard Member
Hi all

I will be getting a sammy HTZ310R delivered soon & wanted to pls ask a couple of questions about the connections.

I have a sammy LCD with scart, HDMI & Optical connections. My sammy LCD receives Sky through 7 metre scart from 2nd scart output from Sky box ( telly by Sky box uses 1st scart connection ). When I connect the HTZ310R to the sammy do I use a HDMI lead to provide DVD signal to telly & which lead do I use to send sound from telly to HTZ310R to provide 5.1 sound ? Will all the signals in & out go down the HDMI lead ?

Is there a need for an Optical lead ?

Thanks for any help.

Regards

ecurran1969

un1eash

Distinguished Member
For best picture quality and upscaling use a hdmi cable to your tv. The surround sound for dvds will come out of the HTZ310R but also connect your tv to the extra optical input on the HTZ310R using the optical out on the tv, this will allow for Pro Logic as although the tv has an optical out it'll only be 2 channel. Anything you watch on your tv then will allow Pro Logic, like sky etc...

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom