Question Connecting Roksan K3 to Anthem MRX-720 to drive the front channels

Adiedinburgh

I'd appreciate some advice regarding adding the K3 to my Anthem MRX-720 to drive the front channels for music and also in the context of home theater(Atmos 5.1.4).

I got my head around connecting the K3 to the pre outs of Anthem , simple enough, what I'm wondering about is how to distribute the other channel to power all the speakers in 5.1.4 system.

My MRX-720 can amplify 7 channels so logically adding extra 2 channels (or freeing up 2 front channels) would take me to 9 channels and therefore able to run the 5.1.4 system.

The question is how do I connect the 2 extra atmos speakers to my receiver? Do I connect then to the front channels (as these are now run from the Roksan K3) and somehow reassign them in the setup (don't even know if that's possible) or do I connect them normally to Back 2 channels in my Anthem and the receiver will automatically power them as 2 front channels are now free?

I'm sorry if it sounds really dumb, I've never had any separates and have always been running things just off the avr.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

goingoingong

Distinguished Member
I'd appreciate some advice regarding adding the K3 to my Anthem MRX-720 to drive the front channels for music and also in the context of home theater(Atmos 5.1.4).

I got my head around connecting the K3 to the pre outs of Anthem , simple enough, what I'm wondering about is how to distribute the other channel to power all the speakers in 5.1.4 system.

My MRX-720 can amplify 7 channels so logically adding extra 2 channels (or freeing up 2 front channels) would take me to 9 channels and therefore able to run the 5.1.4 system.

The question is how do I connect the 2 extra atmos speakers to my receiver? Do I connect then to the front channels (as these are now run from the Roksan K3) and somehow reassign them in the setup (don't even know if that's possible) or do I connect them normally to Back 2 channels in my Anthem and the receiver will automatically power them as 2 front channels are now free?

I'm sorry if it sounds really dumb, I've never had any separates and have always been running things just off the avr.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
AFAIK the MRX-720 doesn't/can't reassign the front LR amp channels if the channels go to external amp. So to run 5.1.4 as well as the K3 running the front LR you would need another 2 channel amp to run two of the heights.

I could be wrong but this is from what I found when I was looking at getting another AVR and I put the Anthem into the same category as old Arcam range in that they didn't do amp re-assign. You could try asking this question in the owners thread Anthem MRX 520 / 720 / 1120 Series Owners

Reviews of the new MRX 740 note it now has ability to re-assign amp channels which again points to the 720 not having this.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom