Question Connecting Rokit 6 G1 to PC

TomUK1

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I have just picked up some Rokit 6 G1's for £50 and I need to know how I can connect them to my PC. Do I need an audio interface or can I do it without one? If so what cables will I need to connect both speakers

Appreciate advice

Get a 3.5 mm jack to twin RCA cables and plug the 3.5 into computer headphone output and an RCA into each RCA unbalanced input on the speakers.

Turn both speakers up full (or half way, but both must be same levels) and use volume on pc to control volume there

I have connected them 2 X RCA to 3.5mm but after a certain volume there is a lot of interference which I think is from the USB because when I move my mouse the interference moves aswell. Would a sound card fix this

Try a different mouse or the mouse in a different usb first

Ok, I'd try a different 3.5mm to RCA cable. I've found these cables more so than others can be a bit intermittent. If that fails I'm not sure, others might chime in

I think the RCA cable I'm using is different quality but I'm not 100%. It looks like a decent cable, any suggestions on which cable? I'm thinking that connecting XLR to an audio interface might be a better idea but I'm not sure about audio interfaces

If the cables don't work you could invest as you say in a sound card or a DAC. I wouldn't worry to much about using the xlr cables, unbalanced for domestic and shirt runs for audio should be fine.

How much are you prepared to spend to get the right interface if needed?

Does your pc have a digital optical output?

It doesn't have optical out, just the standard audio ports. I really only wanted to spend around £50 on an interface but looking at amazon it seems they're going to be more than this, but I'm not really sure what I'm looking at. I would only need it for the speakers. I do have a DAC but it's a cheap one so I'm not sure how much use it would be

DACs are relatively cheap. You probably don't need to spend to much. If memory serves me right there is a behiringer interface on Amazon for about 20 quid that often gets recommended.

I've a few things on, so maybe a few others will set you straight, but if no one chimes in I'll get back here tomorrow with bit more info

Behringer UCA202

This might be a solution for you

Thanks for that. What cables would I need because right now I am using RCA to 3.5mm would I need 2 X RCA to 2 X RCA

It doesn't have optical out, just the standard audio ports. I really only wanted to spend around £50 on an interface but looking at amazon it seems they're going to be more than this, but I'm not really sure what I'm looking at. I would only need it for the speakers. I do have a DAC but it's a cheap one so I'm not sure how much use it would be

If you want a decent but cheap sound card get an Asus Xonar, typically the basic cheapest model is only £30 and has 5.1 analogue 3.5mm outputs. Don't use Asus supplied drivers, instead download UNi Xonar driver package & install those, allows a lot more customization.

Thats an internal card that uses PCI-e connection so you will have to open PC to install it, assuming it has a PCI-e slot available, there should be no interference issues with that in place.

It's quite common on Realtek based audio chips embedded in PC's (probably whats on your computer) to overdue audio amplification which can lead to hissing noises. Years ago lots of people complained audio was too low so Realtek went in the other direction and made it too high to compensate. To make matters worse it's hard wired in the drivers, so once you install Realtek drivers there is no settings to adjust it unless you use a third party utility.

Also Realtek chips are cheap and without proper shielding their position on the PC's motherboard can make them highly prone to other I/O interference like USB.

Thanks for that. I'm not sure a sound card would fix this and I'm pretty sure its ground loop and from what I've seen it seems like people who've bought a sound card still have the interference

Not sure if to buy the DAC or the isolator

Connecting the speakers to a different socket helps a little bit but it's still there

are any of the audio cables near any of your power cables?

try not having them running over each other

I have a surge protector multiplug with little on/off LED's that causes interference if the line in, headphone or line out/speaker cables go near it, especially the line in.... I think that's the issue anyway!

Last edited:
If I use a DAC, do I connect the 2 X RCA into the DAC and then 2 X RCA into the DAC again to 3.5mm

just need the DAC plugged in to the PC via USB, and the 2x rca to your speakers. The other 2x RCA on that Behringer are for an input, you only need to use 2 of them

the sound is sent to the DAC through the USB so not using the 3.5mm headphone jack on the PC

just need the DAC plugged in to the PC via USB, and the 2x rca to your speakers. The other 2x RCA on that Behringer are for an input, you only need to use 2 of them

the sound is sent to the DAC through the USB so not using the 3.5mm headphone jack on the PC
The only issue here is when the DAC takes over your sound card on pc, the signal sent to the RCA is the full potential, or turned up full if you will (line level). As the speakers have vol control on the back this may not be the most convenient, adj both speakers everytime you want a volume different. It might be better to use the DACs headphone out (similar to what you do now) so you can adj volume with the Vol control on the DAC

ahh ok, the output control on some controls the phones and main output but I've seen others that only affect headphones
all the levels on windows (or mac..)...media player, main volume etc would still give you control of the volume tho?

The DAC did nothing to stop the interference. The ground loop isolator has helped a fair bit

Maybe you disturbed something that helped when fitting the isolator...a dodgy lead/jack.

Process of elimination is the only way to find out....

Do you get interference with just headphones?

Tried the speakers with another source? Your phone or something

Try different speakers with your pc

Try different cables/adapters etc

Try different power points/multi plug s

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom