Connecting RGB Progressive to a pj ?

D

Denon 3800

Hello people,

maybe some of you guy's can give me a helping hand ...;)

Just bought a Denon 3800 but I want to hook it up to my pj, a Barco Graphics 808s. Now normally you would take an RGBHV signal for this baby, but in this case the Denon isn't equipped in sending such a signal. It uses a crapy scart for rgb...
So my question is, what should be the best way of hooking this sucker to my pj if I wanna enjoy PAL progressive ?

I ask this question because there seem to be many Denon 3800 owners here.:D

The player is multi region and Macrovision free but I still need to flash the new firmware on it to make it PAL progressive.

My first idea was to install three Neutrik BNC barrels to the rear panel of the DVD player. I have a high quality RGBHV cable and I would hate to waste it.:(

Greetz Mr.Denon 3800

Hi,

First option would be to buy (or make) a scart (rgb) to 4x bnc cables and see if that works.
However, you might need to use a syncblaster cable (from keene) to boost the sync signal from the scart output. The 808 may handle the signal without requiring the sync boost.

If your 808 can handle a component input, then I'd use that from the Denon....... it's just 3 video grade (75ohm) cables.

Brian

Hello BXD,

I'm a little confused by all the different names they use...
Barco calls it component R-Y , Y , B-Y but is this the same to
what Denon calls red = Pr/Cr, blue= Pb/Cb and brightness = Y ?
I guess I will have to try to find out if it works.:clown:

Thanks, Mr. Denon 3800

Hi,

Yup....it's all a bit confusing (called different things in the analog and digital domains)....just plug it in... green, red and blue and it should work just fine.

You won't have to shell out for an adapter.

Brian

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom