Connecting remote

Elle24

Novice Member
Hello,

I’m new to the forum, but have read lots of the posts to try and solve the issue I’m having. I have a Samsung TV (LE46A656), and recently bought a Panasonic Blu-ray Disc player. I’d like to be able to control the volume for my TV with the remote because I’ve lost the actual TV remote (and it’s way easier just having 1 remote!). I’ve followed all the instructions I can possibly find, but have had no luck as a lot of the instructions tell you to press buttons I don’t have on my remote. I don’t know if it’s because the TV is quite old.

I’ve attached a photo of the remote. Please help!

Thank you so much for all of your help! 😁

Attachments

• 308082EF-A2DA-4665-99BB-77D286D119B6.png
    308082EF-A2DA-4665-99BB-77D286D119B6.png
    785.2 KB · Views: 14

JayCee

Distinguished Member
In order for the Panasonic Blu-ray recorder remote to be able to control the volume on your Samsung TV you have to program it by inputting a code for your brand of TV (in your case Samsung).
A list of codes for various common brands of TV's it can control will be detailed in the Blu-ray's user manual.
If you've tried all codes listed for Samsung and followed the programming instructions correctly and it doesn't work you've done all you can.
The only instructions that will work are the one's listed for your Blu-ray model and the remote that was supplied with it.
What's the model no of your Panasonic Blu-ray player?
It's usually printed on the front or top panel.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: We review Dune and ask which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom