Quantcast

Connecting record deck to Arcam AVR200

LawlB

Novice Member
I have gifted my Arcam AVR200 to my neighbour who has gone out and bought an analogue record deck. a basic Pro-ject

I’m wondering how best to advise him how to connect the record deck at the rear and what settings etc to select to get the best sound from any vinyl played. I have read the download manual but am still at a loss.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you

goatlips

He will need to buy a phono stage and plug it into the analogue CD input and select direct mode.

LawlB

Novice Member
Thank you. On the last bit, I’m guessing that would mean selecting CD on the front, and hitting the direct button on the right. One thing though, there is a CD connected already. So long as it’s not on at the same time as the deck, should that avoid any issues ?

thsnjs for very quick support. Much appreciated.

goatlips

Yes. If you have a cd already connected to that input use another that is free that you can access direct input. 👍

LawlB

Novice Member
erm, does that direct button simple turn off the digital processing?

I think from what you have said, we have done ok but could you have a look at the picture and tell me from the way it’s connected on the back, how I would select it on the front!

The CD is connected to the Digital CD connection currently and plays when the deck is turned off, though when I select CD the linyl can be heard.

I am probably making a pigs ear of this but with your help I’m sure I’m nearly there.

I could take more pictures when I get hone if needed.

thanks again.

Attachments

gibbsy

erm, does that direct button simple turn off the digital processing?
It turns off all processing and thus any interference, on some receivers it will also turn off the display. The TT will be a pure analogue signal. You can connect to any line-in on the amp as you will have to use a separate phono amp.

Top Bottom