1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connecting Reciever to digital out

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by norbi99, Dec 8, 2003.

1. norbi99

norbi99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello

I am trying to connect my home theatre system reciever to the digital output on my soundcard, but so far I could not get the multichannel to get trough.
    Here are my specs:
    Sound card: sound blaster audigy2
    Reciever: Sony STRDE895S

I use a mono to RCA plug from the digital output of the soundcard, and connect the RCA cable to the coax digital in on the reciever. I configure the soundcard to send the signal without decoding it.
    But still I gen only 2 channels out.

Anyone was any ideas, or experience with this?

thanks
    N.

2. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi & welcome.

Have you enabled SPDIF passthrough in your chosen DVD player software?

Config/audio/spdif.

3. norbi99

norbi99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am not sure if I can do that in the player.
    But I want to pass all sounds to the reciever, and test the channels... So far I could not do it with sb Audigy2.

I have an Asus nforce2 mother board with integrated sound, and I was able to connect and get digital multichanel sound to my reciever in notime... Go figure. ..
    Anyone know if this is possible with the sb audigy2 sound card?

Also, I am looking for a good avi or sound file that is clearly testing all channels, consecutively? WHen I do the speaker test everything sonuds good, but I have a feeling that when I play an AVI with dolby digital sound ( I downloaded those dolby digital intros you can see in the movies before the show starts), the sound is just stereo that comes out of 5 speakers.. This is what I want to find out.

thanks.
    N

4. LittleRobotMan

LittleRobotMan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Which OS are you using?

I say this as I am using XP sp2 and keep having to set my speaker selection to 5.1 to get surround to work. I don't know why XP forgets what I set it to, or why the speaker setup should make a difference with SPDIF ...but it does.

Have a fiddle with your Audio Control panel if you are using XP