Connecting Rear speakers of Samsung HW Q90R to Q80R Soundbar

rahulk1212

Novice Member
Reaction score
I have Samsung HW Q80R Soundbar and the rear speakers of Q90R soundbar. However the main soundbar does not detect the rear speakers even after trying ID SET. How do I overcome this problem. The hardware of both models is exactly same and firmware updates are same as well.

That’s a shame. I have the nearly the same dilemmas as you, and was about to buy those rear speakers today for my q80. I appreciate your quick reply!

Out of interest, have you tried installing the q90 firmware update via USB to your q80? Instead of the q80 firmware. Just because I understand there are slightly different codings however the main processor firmware is the same

I checked the latest firmware versions of both. They are exactly same. So haven't tried it yet. Thats an action in my list but wanted to be sure so it doesn't Brick my q80 and when I can clearly see the notes in both firmware there is no difference

can anyone confirm the soundbar unit of q80 and q90 has 100% match in hardware configuration which i suppose is

Samsung should support but they offered no help

97769CEA-1BA1-4399-8118-2CAF24281A67.png

The above is from Samsung support.

Everything is the same except W (wireless) and S (subwoofer) and additional rears on the q90

Hope that helps in some way

Thank you. I think upgrading firmware may lead to Subwoofer not connecting

Ah that’s so disappointing. I’m not sure if there is a solution to this sadly. I’ve got buyers regret from buying the Q80. Wish I’d spent the extra on the 90 to get the height channels on the rears. We live and we learn!

Q90R rears are different to those you can buy for Q80 and there is no compatibility between them.

I’ve now bought both q80r and q90r from auction. Had the q80r first but really wanted the up firing rear speakers. Bought the q90r and hoped to sell the q80 but the base of the q80 is in much better condition.

You’ve just saved me loads of time, thank you. Just need to decide which one to use.

JohnPye South Wales. I live close so I was able to check them out before hand. Bought 3 from there in total. Sold a Q80R on eBay for £500 after paying £260 for it. 😁

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom