1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connecting RDR-GX3 help PLease

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Peter Wright, Jan 7, 2004.

1. Peter Wright

Peter Wright

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Please help a self confessed idiot to connect up his system! I have just got a GX3 and taken out my DVD player and VCR. I need to connect the following:

Nokia 9850 (old On Digital) freeview decoder
    Sony 32FX65
    RDR-GX3
    Yamaha AX620 AV Amp

At the moment, the TV aerial goes into the GX3 and TV out aerial goes into the TV. A Scart goes from the RGB Scart from TV to GX3. Digital out from GX3 to Amp. Scart from Nokia to GX3 and one to TV.

Should the TV aerial go into the Nokia? The setup operation on the GX3 has only found terrestrial channels (BBC1,2 ITV1 C4, C5). Thanks in advance.:clap:

2. BigRD

BigRD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Aerial in should go to Nokia then GX3 then TV or GX3 then Nokia then TV. This will allow the Nokia to tune to the digi channels and the GX3 and TV to tune to terrestrial channels. The GX3 will only pick up BBC1,2, ITV, C4 & C5 with it's built in tuner.

The normal AV setup should be to connect the VCR scart from the Nokia to AV2 on the GX3 but I don't know if the Nokia outputs an RGB signal from this port.

GX3 AV1 to AV2 or 1 on TV. TV scart from Nokia to AV1 or 2 on TV. These are depending on if you want RGB from your devices or not. I'm not sure if AV2 on the TV can handle RGB. The recording device is normally connected to AV2 to allow bidirectional signals it may also support S-Video.

3. Peter Wright

Peter Wright

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thx BigRD for taking the time.... system works fine now. Sorry 4 the late reply but I've been reply
    :clap: :clap: :clap: