1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connecting Quintro to AV receiver

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by chrisyd, Aug 5, 2004.

1. chrisyd

Jul 29, 2004
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    First of all really sorry about the stupid question!!

Anyway, currently I have a Toshiba CRT TV which I plan to replace with a Panny TH-42PW6B. The equipment I wish to "hook" up is a Sony VCR, Sky (normal not +), Scan 440 DVD player (but I plan to upgrade this at some stage to a prog scan player).

I have seen on av-sales website a Quintro which accepts SCART connections and has a couple of connectors which connects to an AV receiver. I plan to purchase an AV receiver and speakers as part of my home cinema kit.

Here is the stupid question:

What are the 2 connectors on the Quintro that connect to the AV receiver (I presume phono) and will I get the 5.1 surround sound from my current DVD player? and/or is there a better way of connecting my current equipment up?

I was looking at connecting my current equipment directly to an AV reciever (Cambridge from Richer Sounds maybe) but if the Quintro is the best way to go then I can buy a cheaper AV receiver??

Again, sorry for the stupid newbie questions