Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Connecting Quintro to AV receiver

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by chrisyd, Aug 5, 2004.

1. chrisyd

chrisyd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    First of all really sorry about the stupid question!!

Anyway, currently I have a Toshiba CRT TV which I plan to replace with a Panny TH-42PW6B. The equipment I wish to "hook" up is a Sony VCR, Sky (normal not +), Scan 440 DVD player (but I plan to upgrade this at some stage to a prog scan player).

I have seen on av-sales website a Quintro which accepts SCART connections and has a couple of connectors which connects to an AV receiver. I plan to purchase an AV receiver and speakers as part of my home cinema kit.

Here is the stupid question:

What are the 2 connectors on the Quintro that connect to the AV receiver (I presume phono) and will I get the 5.1 surround sound from my current DVD player? and/or is there a better way of connecting my current equipment up?

I was looking at connecting my current equipment directly to an AV reciever (Cambridge from Richer Sounds maybe) but if the Quintro is the best way to go then I can buy a cheaper AV receiver??

Again, sorry for the stupid newbie questions

thanks