1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connecting PV500 to sky plus

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Stampax, Aug 12, 2005.

1. Stampax

Stampax

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    Am i right in thinking when i go out to buy some new wires tomorrow, that to connect sky plus to my panasonic PV500 all I can use is good old basic scart? Sky plus doesnt have component/DVI/etc - so scart is the best there is? My DVD player will be hooked up to component, but I use sky most the time so want to make sure I have the best picture possible.

If there is anything in particular I should use a link to the product (or thread) would be appreciated.

Cheers!

2. ikon66

ikon66

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    can you do scart to dvd then through component?

sky only does scart either composite or rgb, best to set to rgb on sky output and av input

3. pwood

pwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    Its not all bad as the my 500 looks great using a decent scart ( tech-link) so I wouldn't bother about it to much. Anyway its only a stop gap until SKY HD :D

4. Sulis

Sulis
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Mine looks great with a really rubbish scart cable to AV1. Remember to set the SKY output to RGB and 16:9. I would personally use Cinema mode rather than Normal, but I don't think it's that big a deal.

I found that routing SKY+ though my ES10 DVD recorder did diminish the PQ, so I have that connected separately to AV4.