• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Connecting PS3/TV to my Cambridge Audio Amp... possible?

clementwave

Standard Member
Hi, not sure if this is the total right place, but I'll give it a shot anyway...

Basically, I have a Cambridge Audio Topaz AM1, that I bought on the cheap as a nice way to listen to my LP's with a turntable... but now I wondered if I could hook up my TV into the amp as well...

My TV is a Samsung Syncmaster 23"... it has RCA left and Right (white/red) outputs on the back, when I try hooking them up to inputs on my amp, changing the settings on the TV... nothing happens!

Do I have to go from the PS3?
showimage.php

the back of my amp looks like that.

If I am going to have to upgrade my amp thats not a problem, it probably just wont get done very soon ^^

Barry_

Distinguished Member
How do you connect to the tv - HDMI??

Regardless it don't really matter - you can use the Mutli av cable the ps3 came with and plug the red&white plugs into your amp. Then you need to go into the PS3 setting and just change the audio to AVmulti - this is seperate from video so if you use hdmi the picture will not be effected. Picture HDMI Audio Multiav lead - Jobs a goodin

demmer

iv got this amp and with the slim ps3 the above isnt possible as its only got optical audio output.

if uv got the phat ps3 then ur fine.

im gonna upgrade my amp when i can afford it as its currently running through the telly. much better sound than tv speakers but not great.

Barry_

Distinguished Member
iv got this amp and with the slim ps3 the above isnt possible as its only got optical audio output.

if uv got the phat ps3 then ur fine.

im gonna upgrade my amp when i can afford it as its currently running through the telly. much better sound than tv speakers but not great.
The slim still has the multi-av output socket so would it not be possible :confused:

Steven

Senior Moderator
You got an AV multi-out cable included in the box so I think you need to look again

clementwave

Standard Member
Yeah I was gonna say, I did just what Barry said to do, works like a treat, didn't know it would be quite that easy! Although im using some cables I bought for my Gamecube rather than the ones in the box

demmer

my bad will have a look in the box and try again. woops

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom