• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Connecting PS3 to STR-DG910, need help!

CluelessJim

Guys I am in desperate need of your help. I have a Sony KDS55A2000 TV with my new STR DG910 connected via HDMI to input 5 on the TV (the first HDMI in).

I have connected my PS3 to the amp via HDMI into the Video 2/BD HDMI input. The problem is I dont get any picture or sound.

I have disconnected the PS3 and plugged my PC into the same port using a DVI-HDMI cable and it works perfectly. I have also for sanitys sake tried the PS3 and the PC on all of the HDMI in's on the amp, in all cases the PC works but the PS3 doesn't.

If I plug the PS3 directly into the TV in the same socket the AMP uses it works.

I have tried searching the forums but haven't found anything that relates to the problem.

Please please help me.

CluelessJim

PROBLEM SOLVED

Factory reset the PS3 again, connected it directly to the TV via the original AV cable. Powered up and PS3 detected 576p over AV. Shut down and connected to the TV via HDMI, powered up and it asked to confirm the switch, OK'd the setting then turned PS3 off.

Connected it to the AMP via HDMI and powered up, voila it worked.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom