• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

connecting ps3 to a amp

Status
Not open for further replies.

scotty78

Hi all just took my ps3 out the box, well impressed but dont seem to be getting any luck with the sound on either games or blu ray, its connected to my plasma with hdmi and to the receiver yamaha ax750se by optical however im not getting surround sound or any sound out my speakers only through my tv, is there a setting ive missed in the set up menu?

Cheers

t1m103

youve not set the audio to optical its set to hdmi.

Moogle

Distinguished Member
Have you gone into the PS3's audio settings and set it to output sound via optical ?

scotty78

Hi tim no ive set audio output settings in sound settings to digital out optical then i ticked dolby 5.1, dts 5.1, aac then linear pcm 2 ch 44.1 khz and linear pcm 2 ch 48 khz are already selected and greyed out. Then in the bd setting I have it set for bd/dvd audio output format hdmi bitstream and bd audio output format optical digital bitsteam

scotty78

got it sorted sorry for the complete waste of a thread, dafty here had plugged the optical into the wrong slot on the back of the amp!!!! thanks for yr help anyway

Moogle

Distinguished Member
Closing thread as problem has been solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom