Connecting PS3 and PC at same time

Ferguson9

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi

Was just wondering what everyone uses to connect their PS3 to the Internet as well as their PC.

Im currently using a BT Home Hub which has 2 ethernet ports but I keep getting disconnected when playing Pro Evo online.

Im looking for something else which will run more smoothly for me.

Any ideas??

How stable is pro evo? Do you get disconnected as much on other games? It could be a game issue. My friend uses BT Home Hub and has no problems but he only plays R:FoM.

chances are it not you but pes online, I play on pc and ps3 and you get disconnects on both, its mainly the Konami servers or the other play who is using a patched version on pes6, you will be ok for one half then the other will play for a second or so and then disconnect.

I play pro evo online on PS3 while my pc is running with no problems, only 1 disconnect that i can recall. Using VM 2Mb broadband with wireless connection on the PS3.

I usually have two pcs, and up to two laptops and my ps3 all online running through a BT voyager 240 router, a Dlink access point and a d-link switch, no problems like you mention.

How is this set up? How many ethernet ports has your BT voyager router got?
Ive got a BT voyager router myself but not sure which model. It has one ethernet port. Would I just be able to buy a Dlink access point and a d-link switch then? What do these actually do?

Thanks

I usually have two pcs, and up to two laptops and my ps3 all online running through a BT voyager 240 router, a Dlink access point and a d-link switch, no problems like you mention.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom