Connecting PS2 to satellite & TV

Reaction score
I am in the process of setting up my pj, and i want to be able to run my son's PS2 through the pj from time to time, and also run it through the tv (when not being run through the pj).
I will be running component leads from the DVD player to the pj, and was thinking of buying a reasonably decent ps2 connector (scart to component) to run into a component switcher box (DVD or ps2 switched to the pj as required). The problem would then be that I would have to keep changing over the ps2 scarts (into tv one day and pj the next) would I be right in thinking that to avoid pulling scarts in/out (which I will not do), that I will also have to buy a scart switcher box as well?
Another problem is that I only have basic sky tv box (amstrad unit), so what would be the best way to connect that to the pj as and when required (not another switcher box surely)? Thanks in advance, and sorry if I have confused the issue.

davvey said:
I am in the process of setting up my pj, and i want to be able to run my son's PS2 through the pj from time to time, and also run it through the tv (when not being run through the pj).
I will be running component leads from the DVD player to the pj, and was thinking of buying a reasonably decent ps2 connector (scart to component) to run into a component switcher box (DVD or ps2 switched to the pj as required). The problem would then be that I would have to keep changing over the ps2 scarts (into tv one day and pj the next) would I be right in thinking that to avoid pulling scarts in/out (which I will not do), that I will also have to buy a scart switcher box as well?

See my replies on this forum thread

Basically I have a RGB/scart lead from my ps2 to my tv, with 3 extra phono sockets hanging out of the scart plug that i connect to the component leads going to my projector. Power on ps2 without a disc and change the video output from RGB to component, then the picture on my tv goes green and a correct picture appears on my projector.

Wookieman, Thanks for the info, and it does appear to give me the solution to the problem. Would you know if I could buy the scart with the component connectors (as per your suggestion) already made up?

davvey said:
Would you know if I could buy the scart with the component connectors (as per your suggestion) already made up?

I dunno where from, possibly, but I'd wager you'd pay through the nose for it! I've had a quick look around Keene & Lektropacks without finding anything suitable. Once i'd sussed out what needed to be connected to what, all it took was a trip to maplin for some bits and about 5 mins to solder it up. Total cost was about 2 quid, plus the scart lead i already had. If you can't solder and your desperate I could solder one up for you but it'll be ps2 scart lead + connecters + postage = proberbly close to 20 quid or so, why not fill in your profile so people know where you are. It's easier to offer help when your not the other end of the country.

Don't forget you'll need the component leads that go to your projecter aswell as, plus if your pj has only one set of component inputs you'll still need a component switch box to switch between your dvd player & ps2. (I'm lucky my pj has 2 sets of component inputs :) )

Wookieman, I will have a search around for a made up lead, but your offer to make me one up is appreciated should I get despertate.
I will live in Middlesex, and as you suggest I will update my profile. Thanks again. Dave

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom